Pages

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Mise en Scene

Mise en Scene
By Stephanie Rallison
     In my photo shoot I used a variety of props to display the image of pop being fun, creative and enjoyable. Firstly I used a guitar this is similar to the guitar used in the magazine Billboard with the music artist Miley Cyrus she has the guitar strapped on her, in my photo shoot I have used a guitar and done a variety of positions including the guitar I asked my first model (Bianca) to pose with the guitar close to her to remake the Billboard design. I even included a position where the guitar is in the air this represents power and breaking free this was only an experiment, I do not plan to use this photo as it doesn’t relate to pop.
     The second prop used is a straw summer hat, I found this prop most useful as it can be used in different ways and by using different positions it can create a mysterious image or a bright image. By including a second model the image it creates a wider image and gives more of a story when I write the article. One model wears bright clothing while the second model wears dark negative clothing this can represent good and bad, two different people in the same photo is contrasting to create different personalities. Towards the end of my photo shoot I include the hat more making it a symbol of pop; I like how the hat was used to cover part of my face creating a hidden side to the models life.
     Next I introduced my main prop of a red microphone the bright colour draws attention to the reader, a photo of my first model screaming into the microphone represents how she wants to break free. This photo is interesting but I will not include it in my magazine as it does not relate to the fun image of pop.
A combination of the straw summer hat and the microphone brings the genre pop and music together, I will use this photo in my magazine as it represents this very clearly and gives a great effect as it doesn’t include a model.

     My second model (Catherine) poses with the microphone facing towards the camera this is engaging the audience, and makes the photo more interesting.
     There is a change in the clothing I first wear a yellow jumper the colour representing a happy, fun environment. Next I change into a white jumper as it represents peace and a neutral atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment